- Redesigned architecture and user interface overcome the adoption hurdles that stymie nearly half of all CRM projects
- Up to 10X faster search performance, single sign on, integrated telephony, Kanban view and navigation enhancements improve user productivity
- Adds one of the industry’s deepest integrations for Microsoft Outlook, letting users view records, schedule, send and track emails without switching between inbox and CRM
SAN FRANCISCO—July 17, 2017—Insightly, the CRM for building lifelong customer relationships, today announced the latest version of its product. The new version features a deep Microsoft Outlook integration, as well as a redesigned technical architecture and user interface that helps sales teams improve their productivity.
“A CRM product’s ease of use matters just as much as its feature set. If your sales reps dread logging into the tool, your entire project is jeopardized,” said Anthony Smith, founder and CEO, Insightly. “The new version of Insightly is one of the fastest, most beautiful CRM systems on the market, and is designed to help businesses overcome the user adoption barriers that often hinder a CRM project’s success.”
Improves Search Performance 10X, Helps Avoid Pitfalls of Slow, Legacy CRMs
Legacy CRM suites often involve slow, cumbersome interfaces that frustrate users and impede wide adoption. According to a Forrester/CustomerThink survey, 46 percent of respondents encountered user adoption struggles when implementing their CRM initiative.
“There’s a very large graveyard of failed CRM projects. There’s more CRM initiatives that have spiraled out of control to become multimillion-dollar investments that negatively affected large numbers of customer-facing employees and didn’t deliver any real results,” writes Kate Leggett, vice president and principal analyst, Forrester.
Insightly CRM makes usability as important as feature richness, and combines technical performance with a user interface that reduces the clicks, lag and loading screens users must navigate. The latest version includes:
- Blade Interface—adjustable navigation screen allows users to access and alter record details without clicking away from their broader search results; particularly useful for inside sales teams who need context for each call while conducting rapid outreach
- Quick Search, Real-Time Notifications and Kanban View—up to 10X faster retrieval for contacts and other records; real time notifications appear directly in web app rather than email; new Kanban view option displays records as cards
- Integrated Telephony—users can now dial customers directly within Insightly using Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP). Insightly CRM can log, track and analyze call data to determine trends such as call length and messaging to optimize sales enablement
- Single Sign On—Insightly now integrates with tools like OneLogin, Auth0 or Okta, allowing large enterprises with hundreds of users to control who has access to different software applications and allow them to share one Windows login
Microsoft Outlook Integration Improves Productivity for Midsize Businesses
Insightly is already the most popular CRM application in the G Suite Marketplace, with a Gmail integration that enables users to save emails and other record data into Insightly from their inbox. Now Insightly is extending its suite with a deep Microsoft Outlook integration.
Users can view contact details and account history from Insightly CRM directly in their inbox prior to contacting prospects or customers, and then automatically link those emails to their contacts or opportunities for future reference. The Insightly Outlook toolbar lets users not only save emails, but also pull Insightly email templates into their compose screen, schedule their email outreach and track emails to see if, where and when a prospect opens the note.
“Insightly is the only CRM suite that provides integrated email templates, scheduling and tracking for Microsoft Outlook users,” said Smith. “Our existing integration with Gmail has contributed to our popularity, but as we increase our adoption among midsize enterprises it is important we build deeper integrations around ecosystems such as Microsoft Outlook which are preferred by many of these larger businesses.”
Insightly CRM is available in a number of editions ranging from Basic to Enterprise at price points to meet the needs of businesses of all sizes and sophistication. The new UI and Microsoft Outlook integration will be available for all editions, and will begin rolling out to select customers next month.
Doubling Headcount, Building Momentum
Insightly has generated momentum following its $25M Series C funding round in April 2016, and will nearly double its headcount to 160 employees by the end of 2017 by adding a sales team dedicated to midsize businesses. Thousands of larger enterprises have already selected Insightly, including some of the world’s largest healthcare and manufacturing companies.
Insightly provides customer relationship management software for businesses of all sizes across all industries, including manufacturing, consulting, health & wellness, media and others. With more than 1.5 million subscribers worldwide, Insightly is the most popular CRM software on the G Suite Marketplace.
Michael Kellner, Treble
 CRM Success Hinges on Effective Change Management, Forrester Research, Inc., February 2016
 CRM Success Requires Focus On People, Not Only Technology, Forrester Research, Inc. blogs, February 2016